Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Vintage Jelly Moulds To Vintage Lights Shades

I have a few vintage jelly moulds that I have collected over the years, which stems from my wonderful memories growing up with my grandmothers collection of catering equipment.  The idea with the jelly moulds was to make some form of lighting.  Right now I can hear my sister Deanne groaning about hoarding all my collectables :-)

The renovation of the outhouse gave the perfect opportunity to put this plan into action.  I found the right light fittings to compliment the overall vision of the project and with the help of my fabulous husband - Gig, we got to work.  We utilised the smaller moulds for the fittings on the ceiling, and the slightly bigger mould for the shade themselves.  Luckily for me, Gig is an electrician so with a few holes in each mould, he connected everything perfectly and I am absolutely thrilled with the finished product.





I have recieved a few comments about not having matching jelly moulds for both shades, but I don't really have any OCD issues with them.  In fact, non matching shades adds to the character of the outhouse overall.

Happy learning peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment