Saturday, January 30, 2016

Vintage Bench Seat Gets A Makeover

I tend to write in my blogs about how I collect things .. which usually happens when I "cleanse" and then collect more things.  This stool is a great example of how my husband and I went to the local dump to get rid of some rubbish .. and during the trip I spotted this little gem for $5.  


Before ... Really was in good condition
As you can imagine, there were many ideas of how this piece could be completed.  Painted with a neutral colour or colours such as pure white with paris grey.  Or go bold with the colours using something like florence.  Or upholster the top instead of painting it.  Or have a shabby chic finish or not.

I decided I wanted something to make a statement and be more like a piece of art as opposed to a piece that blends into the house.  I decided on a harlequin design using Annie Sloan pure white and graphite.


First coat of the design.  Gig help do the taping :-)

Pattern Finished
The finished product
I am pretty happy with the final result and right now I'm happy to look to display a few pieces on it.  If you have an old piece like this, or a piece of furniture that needs a little "lift in life", then paint it!!  

Happy living peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment