Thursday, January 28, 2016

My Treasured Terrarium

Pondering on my post MY BENEFICIAL PEACE LILY I thought it would be a great idea to introduce some other indoor plant ideas into the home.  Enter the idea to DIY a terrarium.  It has been something I've been wanting to try for a while and when Jayden woke up one morning and said "lets do it", I thought why not.

Off we went to the local k-mart and $2 store to pick up a couple of glass vases, to showcase them in.  A few miniature cacti from bunnings and some succulents from my garden, some stones (both new and those that I bought back from Wanaka), soil, dried moss and some small pieces of drift wood from Wanaka which I blogged all about in DIY DRIFT WOOD.  We were all set to go.


This is mine that I completed.

I started with my stones from lake wanaka to ensure my plants don't have wet roots.  I followed with a layer of dried moss, succulent mix, then my plants.  Finally I finished with a few pieces of drift wood.


Jayden's finished product
Jayden enjoyed making them so much, she made one to sit on our dining table using my trifle bowl & a small one using an old jar

3 of them now sit on Jayden's drawer in her room
I have to say that both Jayden and I were pretty happy with our work that day and they look absolutely fabulous in the home.

Happy learning peeps!!





No comments:

Post a Comment