Friday, October 23, 2015

DIY Sequin Shoes

A few months back my husband and I received an invitation to a "Sequin and Suits" event from  our very good friends, Maia & Sheryl Peters.  Within a week or so I received a parcel containing gold sequinned material with instructions that I had to use at least 1 metre of the material and wear the garment to the event.

Geeezz ... my imagination ran riot with the opportunities of what I could make.  I settled on a top but decided to take it a step further and cover some shoes with the same material.

I went to the local K Mart store and purchased some flat shoes for $8 then stuffed each shoe with newspaper to keep the shape of the shoe.



Using self adhesive glue, I sprayed the shoe and placed the material over the top, pressing gently to smooth the material and left it to dry overnight.


Once dry I trimmed the material leaving enough to fold a seam around the sole of the shoe.  Using a hot glue gun, I folded the seam and glued the material where the existing shoe material met the sole.

For inside of the shoe, I cut a hole out of the material, then continued to trim it until I could form a seam.  Using the hot glue gun, I glued the seam down.


I was pretty impressed with the final product considering I made them the night prior to the event itself.


As for the event I attended?  Turned out Maia and Sheryl surprised everyone by renewing their wedding vowels after 20 years of marriage.  It was such a lovely day and I thoroughly enjoyed being apart of their special day .... along with my fabulous shoes!!

Happy learning peeps!


No comments:

Post a Comment