Saturday, August 8, 2015

Piano Stool Gets Revamped

So, I've been working on a few projects for Jaydens room and this one is a lovely little stool to match her makeup desk.

I picked it up at a second hand store for $2.  Of course one of the legs needed some fixing which I immediately thought .. awesome, nothing my wonderful husband can't repair for me :-)

Once superman (that's my husband) made his repairs, off came the original material and the painting began.  Colour of choice - Paris grey using clear and dark wax finished with a slightly shabby chic look.

I wanted something bright for the upholstery and because Jayden has chosen pastels in her room, I went with pink.  

What do you think?


Before

After


With the desk
I'm pretty happy with the final result and the pop of colour adds some personality to, what my cousin says "a repeative colour scheme"

Happy learning peeps!




No comments:

Post a Comment