Monday, June 15, 2015

Paleo Chicken Curry



I found a wonderful crock pot chicken curry recipe while having a coffee in my local cafe and as I usually do, took a photo of the recipe with a view to give it a go.  Last Saturday the weather was wet and windy so it was a perfect day for a curry and considering this takes about 20 mins to prepare with the crock pot doing the rest of the work, I was all for trying the recipe out.

Of course, this recipe isn't the same as the one I originally found.  I didn't have red curry paste or tomato paste so played around with what I had in the cupboard.  I also think this recipe would tasted equally nice using lamb or beef.

Sorry, it was so yummy I didn't get a chance to get a photo of the finished product, just the leftovers.

Ingredients
750 grams or 6 bonless chicken thighs, roughly chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves of garic, finely chopped
2 tablespons of butter
1 teaspoon of ground cardamon
1/2 teaspon ground cumin
2 tablespoons of curry powder
1 teaspon of ground garam masala
2 tablespoons harrisa (or red curry paste)
1 x 410 can of thick coconut cream
1 tomato finely chopped (or 1/2 cup of tomato paste)
2 cinnamon sticks (optional)
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (if you like your curry hot)

Method
Throw all the ingredients into a crock pot and thoroughly mix together.

Place the lid of the crock pot and cook on low for 4-6 hours.

Serve with CAULIFLOWER RICE.

Happy living peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment