Sunday, June 21, 2015

Coriander In Winter!

Ok .. so there's going to be quite a few gardening posts this season, purely because of all the work needed in autumn and winter to help prep for spring and summer :-)

I just had to share this with everyone about the latest discovery in my vegetable garden.  Coriander .. yip fresh coriander  .... in winter???  I'm really happy to find it actually.

Last summer I planted some coriander and as it does, it grew so fast it seeded before I could pick it all.  No real problems there .. so as I prepared for my winter vegetable garden, I prepped this particular space and planted some kale, spring onlions and beetroots back in April.  This photo was taken in May.


Coriander is a herb that can be expensive in the supermarket but if you go to the chinese or indian vegetable store you can get a big bunch for about $2.

It's an acquired tasted if you're not used to it.  I love to use it in my broths/soups, curries and dumplings, so I'm really happy this unexpected find has worked out a treat.  With the weather cooler, it's taking awhile to grow to a point where it will seed .. if indeed it does seed, so we will have a plentiful supply for a little while.

Happy living peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment