Sunday, October 12, 2014

An Old Side Dresser Goes Retro

I managed to secure an old oak side dresser from trade me which was in good condition, with the exception of a few stains & marks on the top.  I loved it so much, it took me a few weeks to decide what I was actually going to do with it.

I trolled through pinterest for some inspiration and found myself chopping and changing all the time.  Finally, when out with a coffee with my whanau it came to me.  Not only was it going to be black and white, but I was really going to go out of my way to take off the original handles & hinges to keep their character.  (Usually I really can't be bothered .. and just paint straight over them).

The finished product is not quite what I envisaged as the oak veneer is really strong.  I wasn't phased by this as it added to the overall effect.  I just love it!






My husband and sister really love this piece.  For now it's sitting in my lounge for us to admire until either my sister comes to pick it up, or it finds another home to go to.

Happy living people!

No comments:

Post a Comment