Friday, August 22, 2014

What To Do With An Old Veneer Drawer

So following on from my up cycling trend, I acquired an old veneer drawer that had it's own personality, but I wasn't quite feeling it.

I've been quite interested in learning more about paint techniques on furniture, so whitewashing the draw to allow the veneer pattern to come through was something I was keen to do.  I thought it would keep with the drawers retro theme but I also wanted to add a little shabby chic "ness" as well.

I am quite happy with the finished result but unfortunately I didn't have a chance to take a photo of what it looked like prior to painting. 




The areas that have been painted have been finished with wax to protect the piece and is now sitting awaiting it's next owner to love it.

Happy living people!



No comments:

Post a Comment